sunday, january 27


i am yearning for a family photo session, just simply us together using the tripod, it just hasn't come to fruition. i am still amazed when all five of us make it out of the house properly clothed and fed. i think this is one of the first photo of scout and i. it's so sad, i know, but michael's not so good about capturing me and the opportunities when i am actually showered and feeling up to it are few. this photo is very real life and leaves me wanting more of him and i, and the boys. he looks so tiny curled up on my body and i know oh how quickly that passes.

last night michael and i had our first movie night since the birth. he rented "jeff who lives at home"...so good. it's sort of our tradition to watch comedy skits after a film, and last night was some lisa lampanelli...i laughed my ass off. even scout joined in with smiles and coos just from looking up at me while he had his late night feed...it was sort of more then awesome. it felt good, to laugh, after a few intense days and weeks adjusting with the older boys. it has taken me some time to step back into their world.

i guess what i am saying is, i am starting to feel more like i am coming back to the real world. very slowly though, cause i am still holding on tight to that whimsical haze that comes along with having a baby and hoping to hold onto a tiny bit of it forever.

15 comments:

  1. I think you mean 'Jeff, Who Lives At Home' - just in case anyone reading wants to check it out. Funny movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. see still a bit hazy. i will go change that. thanks.

      Delete
  2. Movie night sounds like a perfect way for catching up on "you" time! I'm glad laughter has returned to your life and boys are just amazing, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful capture. I'm so happy for you, so pleased you've been taking your time to readjust and a good laugh does wonders for the soul. I'm almost there, way earlier then expected and nervous as anything..x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo of you with Scout! Sometimes it takes those captured moments to remind us of how small (or big) our little ones are. I'm sure you're doing a beautiful job with them all Kristi and how great is it for your soul to have a good belly laugh? I will have to check out lisa lampanelli! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That haze is both a comfort and can be a beautiful thing to rise from. Especially if you can do it with laughter. For the first of you both it is perfect, he really is still a part of you. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look beautiful whenever I see you, but do understand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, newborn baby bliss haze. Something so fragile and unique and transient.
    You look beautiful, holding tiny Scout.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved that movie! so great. i hope you get your family photo shoot soon x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Scout in the maple sling - beautiful choice. That whimsical haze is so very beautiful and I say "good on you" for taking your time to move out of it. It sounds like you are really honouring your body, the newborn stage and the often trying times of family adjustment. If I lived closer I would photograph you in a heartbeat x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take all of the time you need, little bubba stage goes by so fast. But do go and get photos done! If you were in Brisbane I would come and do them for you. The one thing I regret is not enough family photos of us when Jarvis was little. Thousands of him, but a rare image of me or even us. Don't do what I did and disappear from the family history.

    http://iliska-dreams.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your words, you have me really wanting a baby mama photo session.

      Delete
  11. Newborn haze... oh yes. I remember that so well. Cruz has just potty trained and now I am finding myself wondering what's happened to my babies - they are all getting so big. Enjoy Scout. He looks so adorable all bundled into you. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. The picture of you and the little one is beautiful and precious! I do hope you will be able to get a family photo shoot soon! Kristina x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kristi, I've just popped in to say hello. Your Scout has grown so much. I love the black and white photos of your recent post...you look so very content cuddling and rocking your darling boy. Mumahood suits you :)

    And these photos are beautiful too. Real. Honest. (don't worry, my husband is hopeless too at getting photos of my girls and I...he finally got a good one of Joy and I yesterday...one year after she was born!)

    Take care lovely xx

    ReplyDelete