tuesday, january 22

boys and butterflies.

as much as i have enjoyed our little bits of summer, the thought of school starting up has been sort of like a beaming light in the back of my mind. i am not going to lie, having them home everyday while sorting a new baby has been overwhelming as much as it has been miraculous. they can be loud and challenging as well as pleasant and helpful. were all still adjusting and finding our new spot inside the family, these things take time. next week our days will change once again as we begin our venture back into primary school, back into balance and routine. a space i'm much more comfortable in.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely photos.
    I think I know how you feel. Summer is like a collection of mini-adventures and mixed up sleeping patterns... I too look forward to developing some sort of a routine; around kindergarten, this year. Being able to plan around fixed days does make everything feel a little more settled. It shouldn't but it does to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely adventure. I know how you feel Kristi. I love, love summer holidays but I'm ready for routine and structure back in our lives. This week is 'meet the teacher', school shoe shopping, uniform fittings and book covering. And then back to school on Tuesday. The house will be much quieter, Daisy-Blossom will miss her brothers...but there will be much less mess :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a great routine start in a new school, as I understood? Fingers crossed and enjoy the few moments in the morning you have with Scout...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much adjusting for you all over the past month or so and it sounds like you'll all enjoy getting back into the school routine. All the best for the boys new school & yes enjoy those quieter cuddles with scout x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only recently found your blog but so glad I did - your pictures and words are just beautiful. I'll be sure to be following your posts from now on. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely shots you got on your beautiful blog!

    ReplyDelete